All Lions, Wolves, and Bears will meet at the Lexington Bomb Squad for their meeting on Tuesday, 1/14/20. This is located close to the Lexington Jail off Old Frankfort Road. Please see the attached diagram of how to access the bomb squad location from New Circle Road.
Directions to bomb squad
-cubs need to be present between 5-5:15. We start at 5:30 and are first in line behind the color guard.
-in the map below, D is where you can be dropped off. They will have golf carts shuttling to our starting spot (circled).
-you cannot drive down to the starting spot. You must park at Tractor Supply and walk over.
-you must sign the liability form if you are walking. If you are dropping off your cub at the start and picking up at Kroger then you must come find me to sign the liability waiver.
-it’s scheduled to rain. Hats, gloves, ponchos, waterproof shoes are a must. No flip flops. Wear the neckerchief sticking out of coats but don’t stress about the shirt.
Cubs made cards for a friend that is station in Kuwait as well as some of the elderly members of the church.
Registration fees for 2020 have increased by $20, from $40 to $60. If you filled out financial assistance forms then please do not worry about the cost. We will need to collect the additional fee however please touch base with Victoria to make the payment. We understand if you cannot make the payment immediately.
New dates are being added to the calendar as I type. Please check them out. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Due to updates in the forecast for this weekend now calling for thunderstorms, we are going to cancel this campout. We put safety and learning of scouts above everything else. We just do not see wet scouts in a thunderstorm as safe or a great learning environment.
Memorial Day Campout 2019 at Camp Nelson
NOTE: you must have a uniform to place flags.
6614 Danville Rd, Nicholasville, KY 40356
May 24 6 PM
May 26 Noon
Sign up here https://forms.gle/XcZAE3foMMELyPDr5
Good Evening Families,
Just a quick reminder. All Scouts should come to tomorrow nights meeting in full uniform if you have one.
Have a great day tomorrow.
It is that time of year again and my favorite time of year pinewood derby. I know many of you need help or need more info about your car. There is a test and tune planned for Sat, February 9
If you want a great video for your car check out this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjJtO51ykY
Here are the office rules
Test and Tune – Wheel install, weight install and testing
Date – Sat, February 9, 12pm – 1pm
Where – 104 S 2nd St, Nicholasville, KY 40356
This is going to be great for testing size, weight and speed.
Raceday and chili cookoff.
Date – Sat, February 16, 8am – 4pm (This is a hard stop)
Where – City Limits – 106 Courchelle Dr, Nicholasville, KY 40356
Check in will be from check in will be from 8am to 930am Races start at 10:00am
There will also be a silent auction for tools and other items. So bring everyone you can!
NOTE:City Limits has an event after us so the times are very locked in!
Because of the incoming cold, we will have a short meeting today only 30 mins. If you do not feel its safe to come you do not have to. Below is for each den
Lions: No Class today
Everyone else has class today.
Below, is the link to last night’s activity. If you missed last night’s meeting, please have your Scout do the activities listed for their grade level. If your Scout attended; Tigers, Wolves, and Bears need to play Router’s Birthday Surprise and print out the certificate to bring to next week’s meeting. WEBELOS need to review the Teachable Recipes under the 4th-5th Grades tab and prepare to review at an upcoming meeting.
Important upcoming times & dates to remember:
1) Salvation Army 12/6 from 6-7 pending confirmation.
2) Christmas parade 12/8. I’m assuming information at this point. I will go to the meeting on 12/6 at 6PM to gather information and will have it distributed by 8PM that night. My assumption is lineup will be at 5PM on Lake Street and we will walk from Lake Street to Kroger’s. This is only an assumption. Confirmed information will go out on 12/6.
3) 12/11 Bears and Webelos will meet with Victoria to play catch up (Bears) and first aid (Webelos).
4) Christmas dinner 12/18 at 6:30. We will have a Santa and games. We’re going to change it up a little and do a pasta dinner. Sign-ups will go out next week.
5) Be sure you are on ScoutSend, Facebook, or Band to keep updated. With the weather getting funky we need everyone in the loop as to if Scouts will be cancelled or not.
6) Bears must help with their Pinewood Derby cars for credit. This was decided by the Scouts as part of their woodworking.
7) Pinewood Derby will be 2/16. If weather forces us to cancel, then the make-up date is 2/23. We will send out Derby info at the Christmas dinner.
? Blue Gold Dinner (AKA Scout’s Birthday) is scheduled for 2/26.